Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Change of Plans

I won't lie today's post was mostly going to be me whining about pregnancy and being a poor college student. But luckily I was kindly reminded that an attitude of gratitude is one of the noblest virtues. So lucky you blogging world, you don't get to hear a pregnant women ranting about lame things that don't matter at all. 

Aldous Huxley once stated "Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted". How true is that statement?!?! It has been so easy lately to think of things that I am lacking, how uncomfortable life has become (pregnancy is not for wimpy in the last month...that is all I have to say), how Kyle and I have had to change plans for the 4 billionth time. Than a good old Greek philosopher reminded me, “He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has". I am deciding to change my plans and make this post, a post of rejoicings.


TOP TEN REJOICINGS FOR SATURDAY, 3/26/2011
  1.  I had the opprotunity to go with the youth of our ward to the temple this morning. The cool part was they were willing to wake up at 4am, get ready to be at the temple at  5am. Good Job Guys! I am proud to be associated with these great young women and men. 
  2.  Guppy (aka Collin) growing perfectly and always reminding me that he is there. I'd like to think that is excited to meet us just as much as we are excited to meet him = )
  3. For family and friends that are more than willing to check up with me and see how I am doing and how they can help. Thank you for the many texts, calls, and emails. Sorry I am not very good about getting back to you, but it is greatly appreciated.
  4. A husband that makes me laugh all the time. Kyle and I enjoy the simple things and try to find the humor in life as much as possible.
  5.  That spring is coming! I love having weather changes because its so much fun to get anxious for the next change.
  6.  Goals of receiving an education and wanting to do well in school. I love school and I always tell Kyle that I want to be the 92 year-old with her 7th degree.
  7.  Naps, I am not the biggest fan but they do allow me to have an opprotunity to let my body recuperate from what seems like workouts. Workouts meaning: getting out of bed, getting ready, doing homework, etc.
  8.  The opportunity I have to hear a prophet's voice tonight at the Young Women's broadcast.
  9.  For food and shelter. I know that there are many that don't have the right now, especially with so many being displaced in Japan. 
  10. To blog, it really has helped me be slightly creative and yet, has allowed me to realize how much my life isn't that bad. It also has allowed me to want to try new things, such as sewing. There are some great blogs out there for that! 
Maybe simple but that is what I am grateful for today!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Erin! I did not know you were pregnant... congrats! You are much braver than I, lol. I look forward to reading your blog and seeing some pictures of the little one in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! You are so wonderful and doing a great job with a very full plate!! Which reminds me, I have a plate of cookies for you!! Church snacks are covered tomorrow!! Love and appreciate you so much!

    ReplyDelete